Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Speak to me…

The radio turned on, and as I do many days I laid in bed and began to speak to my Lord! My question was how do I know when I hear from you Lord? Please speak to me to help me understand… That was pretty much it word for word. I pressed snooze as I laid there and believe it or not, I fell back to sleep…

7:17 am… Queue the radio again…. In big green numbers I see 7:17. I guess I nodded off again.

"Look up John 7:17", In my ½ awake and ½ asleep stage I heard a small voice say. Strange I thought as I hit snooze again…

I don’t remember exactly what time I did get up today, one of the blessings of being the boss I guess, but in the back of my mind I knew I was supposed to look up some scripture, but couldn’t for the life of me remember what it was… John 3:17 kept coming to mind but when I looked it up, I thought well that was just me talking to my self, and I put the bible away and took another sip of my coffee! Then I remembered it was 7 O’clock when I heard the voice not 3 O'clock. So I looked up that scripture.

John 7:17 (New American Standard Bible)
17"(A)If anyone is willing to do His will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is of God or whether I speak from Myself.

And with the faith like a child, it kind of made sense. So that was today. I guess I am willing to do his will! Or want to be willing! So did God just answer a Question with a Question? I don’t know but I do know that it cool and it made me happy! It is nice to be simple minded! Trevor OUT.

No comments: