Friday, June 27, 2008

Letter to a friend?

Point Way Church In Brainerd!

Hey, we have never formally met, but like most Minnesotans, I have seen you in concert. I am currently heading up the worship team… (ME) for this new church plant. We are planning to launch in September. Currently we are a cell group based church we have 3 cells, of 6-10 people in each group, hard to nail down that number yet as people are always coming and going.

My pastor, Steve Erickson, contacted you to see if you would come and help us… I am an insurance agent here in Brainerd, (who knows how that happened), but can play guitar, and sing, (a little of both) but I am not an experience worship leader… , I would say I am a worshiper, and love the Lord, and have a strong desire to bring people into the presence of God, but when it comes to the actual practice of Doing the worship leading, I have always helped out, but not often been the leader.

This is the second church I have helped to plant. And may be it is because I am in sales, but I know that unless you ask, they aren’t going to know you would like them to help. SO this is me asking. If you would like more information! Or would like to meet us, we will be holding a BBQ this Saturday the 28th starting at 11 at the pastors house. 218-838-9802 Steve Erickson for directions, Or my self 218-251-2107. I know with the lack of notice you will probably not be able to come, but if you are free, you are invited to come up chill out and grill out with us may be learn a little more about our vision, and how we want the family of God to be realized here in Brainerd!

****, I would love your help, I need some one who can give me some pointers, on leading people into the presence of God through worship. Even if you cannot commit to coming up, I would still love your ideas as to what a good worship set consists of, song ideas, tip, and or any wisdom you think my be helpful for a guy who feels like he is over his head. Thank for your time.

Sincerely
Trevor F. Tobin.

2 comments:

tft003 said...

Ok so he was not a friend and didn't reply.

Steve, Anne, Asher & Karis said...

DOES ANYONE LIVE HERE ANYMORE?

www.pointway.org