Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentine

Song of Solomon 4:9 (English Standard Version)

9You have captivated my heart, my(A) sister, my bride; you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes,

This morning… I am trying to get over a cold, as I finished up a teleconference, was trying to get some more tax preparations taken care of, checking my production for the month, wondering how I was going to come up with the rest of the business I need for the month, wondering about staffing issues, wondering about the balance of my checking account, wondering about the church plant I am helping with, wondering about plans for valentines day with my honey, when I began to become burdened and overwhelmed with where I am, and all that I have to deal with today… When the thought corssed my mind… Small as it is, you have to catch them when they come because they are only here for an instant… “you ought to be on your knees in prayer” Good idea!

So at my office I got on my knees, in the front room and looked out the widow at the beautiful sky, mostly blue with some streaking clouds and a white line of clouds near the horizon…

Beautiful,

and as I sat still in Awe of how beautiful this show is that God puts on for us every day… Peace came… the clouds looked to be stationary, but I could see the beam out front and against the clouds I could tell they were moving slowly to the east, I sat there for a minute and then remembered that it was valentines day, and that I really ought to make God my valentine… I know he delights one glance of my eye…

I guess it just reminded me that we get so caught up in day to day things, and in holidays, that we forget to be IN LOVE with our first love! Are you in love?

Don’t forget this valentines day to give one or two or a thousand glances of your eyes to your ONE TRUE LOVE!

Blessings to you all, on this cold valentines day!

1 comment: